Friday, June 1, 2012

Vanishing Face

I often use this blog as a reference place-holder for ideas that cross my noggin.
Here's one that's related to this:  http://youtu.be/AWB_2TzaMvU ("The Vanishing Face")

Back in the late 90's I experimented with putting magical effects 'online' and I always thought this optical illusion would make a great 'online' magic trick. My vision (instead of shooting a video) was to do a flash / animation of the effect. Alas, my skills with the required software never met my mindset and so, the concept remains dormant. I think this might be accomplished with HTML5?  (hmmmm)

Note: The book in the foreground of this video "Mathematics, Magic and Mystery" is one of my all-time faves. If you have any interest in any of these subjects: get this wonderful tome. Sidenote to note: The puzzle from said book was created by the equally brilliant: Mel Stover. 

No comments:

Post a Comment