Tuesday, November 20, 2012

back and forward

Well, I'm back in NOLA. Wow, what a week! (plus) Over 2700 miles on the Cruiser in under 9 days. I started with a series of lectures:
5 lectures in 5 days (the first being in Indianapolis,  800 miles away!)
Then: Columbus, Royal Oak (Detroit) Lansing & Flint. Wow

I had the wonderful joy of bringing my mother with me to many of these events and I must say: I couldn't ask for a better road trip buddy :) Thanks ma!

So...,
I started typing a brief paragraph about the wonderful magi/men in each of these cities, but shortly realized this post would end up being novelesque (So, I deleted that effort.)  To make a long story short: EVERY town was FILLED with GREAT guys who exhibited the highest hospitality (even when my skills were falling short.) Yeah, I wasn't perfect. (I don't even think I was that good. But, I learned... I learned a lot.
And the next lectures will be better (and so on and so on!)) I thank everyone who attended and put up with my shenannigans... much of it was good (but some of it was not.) If anything, this tour was a test... a test of whether I was interested in doing this more than once. And the answer is yes. I'd like to give it another go. Where? dunno... somebody tempt me! (as I type it's NOV. which means, I'm staying south for couple months. Sheesh, I arrived in Detroit to watch snow fall on my head (and into my mouth :) I'd like to stay south for the winter and north for the summer.

Aight, so, I got lots of work to do and will get started immediately (well, ok, maybe after I'm done playing with my new Wong triple double faced coin set :) I picked the coveted trio at the Detroit Motor City Close-up Con where I had a great time performing for the attendees.

Oh, speaking of the Motor City Con:
After 3 days/2(long)nights of conventionalizing, it was back to Columbus to broadcast a Penguin LIVE lecture live to the interewebs...
The Penguin Live Lectue was well.. ugh... it was cack. (IMO)
I scrambled to get there on time (leaving Detroit blurry eyed from lack of sleep due to sessioniong) and scrambled in an effort to do a unique set-list (that wasn't the lecture I'd been doing.) To make a long story short; I wasn't prepared. BIG NO-NO in show-biz.

I've offered the fine folks at Penguin (incredibly hospitable hosts) a 'make-up' event of some sort... something that, once I get my shit together, I can give to the masses in some shape or form. I have to... I know I didn't do my best, I know I didn't respresent what/who Doug Conn REALLY is and I'd like a mulligan (thanks for the term Nate! & hey / yo: Write that book!)

I can't wait to get on the road again and will be bringing a strong event out each time I do so...

SEE YA SOON!


No comments:

Post a Comment