Saturday, November 30, 2013

Ricky Jay

It's been a few days since I've posted (pardon me & life: the holiday where we celebrate indian massacare... I mean "giving thanks" was in the way... that and a minor bout of depression... ces-le-vis) The weather has me under the wind and ... I'll bite my tongue at  that.

Over the holiday I was  fortunate to have seen "Practices and Deceptions - The Life and Mentors of Ricky Jay". I found it good. It's wasn't as 'great' as I'd hoped, but it is good (and in a day / age when so many things regarding my art are not, that is a pleasure)

If you know me, you know I consider Mr. Jay to be one of magic's finest showman alive (and a great author to boot) In honor of that recent viewing, here's a couple clips. The one with Steve Martin (who happens to be a fellow magician) is pure brilliance. He is a treasure. I'll save you the upraise & fun, if you enjoy magic you'll watch this film and you will love it.

Ok, well, I guess the traditional youtube clip is appropriate.

I had Tyler Wilson in mind (for the spelling trick) as I was picking a segment to post
The rest of you can ponder why Ricky chose to open his set with and obvious display of skill and flourish...
I have answers... do you? (*if not, get some!) Ejnoy




speaking of Steve Martin: this is great
http://youtu.be/n7HuPDDNb4E

Ok, I'll do my best to stay on track with my postings
I hope the minor hiccup did not dismay my 3 readers.

... what is it... oh yes... "onward"

No comments:

Post a Comment