Monday, March 24, 2014

connmagic.com

Ok, so a few years ago, I had someone swipe my website "dougconn.com' right from under my nose (due to bank switch and a credit card that didn't work anymore) So, I decided to use 'Connmagic.com' as a replacement site... well, over the past year I was able to reclaim my name (no small feat) and now dougconn.com is back to 'normal' (it's actually a hot mess right now but I'll get there... one day)
To make a long story short: connmagic.com is set to renew and I see no reason to have two domains that are going to the same place (I've just been forwarding the connmagic domain to dougconn.com)
Point: I'm gonna let the connmagic domain go.
As of mid April, that site will be obsolete

In other news... I've really been thinking about the video thing... I've been thinking hard.
I think I'm gonna do it. Response was less than what I'd hoped, but in the day of the info glut, that's no surprise. .... I think (like the "Field of Dreams")
"If you build it, they will come"

I've got a lot to decide... I'll probably start with a once a week youtube segment... and "like a box of chocolates, there's no telling what you're gonna get"  I've got a good list of topics I'd like to cover already, but I want to  go further than that... Eventually, building to an interactive web stream (again: at least once a week, maybe more.) I'll be doing magic, moves, theory, reviews, tips and occasionally rambling about the crazy nonsense that often captures my interest (like Juggling, Mnemonics, The Rubics cube, etc etc etc) I see no good reason to charge for this: it will be free and If things work out, I'll be navigating into new info-area that few magi have tread.
For now, it's just talk and I've done plenty of that.
My current connundrum is the camera. Really the best one I have is on my iPhone.
I'm a complete nube when it comes to web/camera/webcams and would appreciate any advice if you have it.

For now, believe it when you see it... but, I really believe you're gonna see it.

Stay tuned... and practice your pinky count
all for now,
Conn...gone

No comments:

Post a Comment