Saturday, February 25, 2017

RIP Daryl

I first saw Daryl at Haine's House of Cards in 1984 and I clearly recall, dreaming, that one day I could be close to his caliber of greatness.  At that point in my magi-life, I had never felt so inspired.
Imagine seeing (pre youtube / DVD)
Daryl's Rope Routine, Elbow Knee & Neck, Audio Transpo
Ultimate Ambition & a plethora of FISM award winning Card Magic (ex: the "Hot Shot Cut" before the word "Cardistry" was even a word.)
I'm confident he inspired (several?) generations of magi & You'll find his magic runs deep through my own creative output (ex: Spongolgy, Triumph Tools, Coin Spectacle & much more)
Indeed, he was "The Magicians Magician" and he set the bar for delivering strong / quality content higher than anyone before or since (and did so with unequaled, joyous enthusiasm.)
sigh...
I really could ramble endlessly
RIP Daryl

No comments:

Post a Comment