Thursday, November 15, 2018

The "Real Work"

Well, it's been cold here in NOLA this week, so I've forgone my daily long-walks & instead: I've hit the Gym (made it there every day this week.) I do 30-45 min on the treadmill, some weight training and then the elliptical for as long as I can stand it... god I hate that machine. 
*I also use this time to practice some secret magi-things 
**I'm generally listening to an audiobook or a podcast or when I need the energy 'boost' I turn on the "Rocky/Gonna Fly Now" station on Pandora for some great workout tunes.

I rarely feel like getting up and out, each session is still a battle. But, I feel better for doing it, every, single time.

In bout 6 months, I intend for this battle to be over. Well, not really over... just for the "mind/body/soul power/hour" to be a habit *and hopefully I won't be fat anymore.

I'll also continue my "magi-workouts" this weekend in the French Quarter: 4-6 hours a day, as many shows / interactions as I can muster... strengthinging my stage persona, as well as my body, voice, mind and more. And in the interim, I'll continue other life strengthing things, like writing for example :) Thanks for reading some of the words... and yo: if you've been thinking bout putting some exercise into your life... just do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment