Sunday, January 29, 2012

Connjure up a blog

Welcome to my blog.

Perhaps an introduction is in order: My name is Doug Conn. I'm a professional magician. No, I'm not one of those guys with a glittery coat that bought a few easy tricks & makes balloon dogs. I'm a lifelong practicing, performing, creator & student of the arcane arts. I prefer close-up sleight of hand, but on any given day, there's no telling what I might be working on. My material has been critically acclaimed and (among many other things) includes a 200 page hardcover book of my original magic. It was authored by Paul Cummins & his FASDIU press: http://www.fasdiu.com/tomt.html "Tricks of My Trade - The Magic of Doug Conn" (now available only on CD Rom: the hardcover run sold out.)

If you'd like to see / learn more bout me... perhaps a visit to my YouTube channel will do the job:
http://www.youtube.com/connjure here's an example of what you'll find there:




This space will be used as a 'notebook' for all the interesting stuff I run across on the internet (and the occasional rant/ramble &/or thought provoking things.)

I've also been playing / using Tumblr & Zapped (to produce & post on/from my iphone) and  it's likely that I'll continue doing so & combine the three into one big blogging experience... stay tuned

You can expect posts bout prestidigitation, legerdemain & the related arts: puzzles, mnemonics, math, psychology, etc. There will most likely be lots of links to pages, posts & videos.

I've started other blogs  (and will likely continue them as a I see fit)
but, this is gonna be the space I 'bookmark' all the cool stuffs I think are worth seeing (& re-seeing)
I'm thinking / hoping that this process will make these things more memorable to my grey matter. At the very least, it should provide a way to review the web-finds I enjoy.

Speaking of Grey Matter... lets start there. Great website
http://headinside.blogspot.com/
go ahead (right) click & check it out... scroll down a bit to the 'topics' on the right side... droool.

a semi-related site that I visit & revisit is Ron Hale Evan's "Mentat Wiki"
http://www.ludism.org/mentat Ron Evans is the author of the wonderful "Mind Performance Hacks" (great book that will make your life better.)

alrighy... that's a start.
Cya on the flip side.

No comments:

Post a Comment