Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Curtis / Sam

Curtis Cam is a smart, skillful magician who has published a good bit of material though the years:
His (OOP) book "Deceptions in Paradise" is a wonderful read &  his Video Series "Palms of Steel" (coin magic) is outstanding on many levels.

Yesterday I had the pleasure of perusing his 'lecture notes'. Wow, what a treat!
I say 'lecture notes' because that's what he called them, but I assure you, they're much more than that.
To the best of my knowledge , these notes are out of print... dunno for sure, but I can tell ya this:
If you can get your hands on his "Stage Coach" notes do it.

The pages contain advice from a guy that's been a working pro for many moons.
There are several GREAT essays and some wonderful magic routines  (ALL of them are workable.)
I found a couple that I intend to put in my act ASAP
The creme-dele-creme is his presentation / suggestions / tips for: Sam the Bellhop (a classic of magic)
Curtis makes the trick make it play bigger & better than ever.

If you've never seen the Sam routine, click below for a peep @ Bill Malone's gut-busting presentation
http://youtu.be/GErpOl3KG_w

(sorry, there's no footage of Curtis' performing the routine... and I'm just fine with that ;)

Aight, that's today's note/ramble/bookmark/suggestion (it's more for my reference than you... but if you get some use out of these thoughts... congratulations.)

No comments:

Post a Comment