Tuesday, August 7, 2012

By Proxy

I've toyed with the notion of jail breaking my precious (i4) many times. Well, leave it to a magician to push me thru the hoop.

Turns out jail breaking is
#1 legal & #2 very cool
Yes , it does void your warranty, but yo: Even if you screw it up (which I did) its ez nuff (15/20 min) to get right back to your old idevice setup. (Sheesh, really... I can't believe I didn't do this years ago)

Alan Rorrison is the magish who pushed me over the edge into the world of Cydia & it's toys.
*Alan is a very creative guy (you might be familiar with his "Smoke" thru Theory 11?)
He discovered a way to apply a wonderful system that puts a virtual limitless index in your iphone; And I'm VERY glad he did. I don't want to SAY too much...

Heres a linky with all the ads & stuff:
http://www.alanrorrison.com/Store/byproxy.html

It's $15... Much more than your standard 2.99 magic app. Good. That's the way it should be. The possible miracles are priceless.

Details:
Alan's proxy PDF is 16 pages
About 1/2 of that is spent explaining how to set up the phone and then you get several effects that use the system
The majority of the effects are trite.
Of the magic described, I'd only consider doing one (Siricaan)
That alone would be worth the $ spent
But, boy oh boy... The untapped waters here are flowing through my brain like a tsunami. This is a tool with some serious power (*adding mnemonics is the next step for me: shhh)

Those who know me, know I'm a fan of magic apps (*the 3-4 good ones) and this "review" might be a bit lopsided because of that.
One of my favorite apps is Greg Rostami's iforce (which I've blabbered bout elsewhere on this blog... And which also should be (at least) $15 or more) I'll still be using Iforce for smaller ranges (simple / visual 2-8 objects) but when I need more (like an open index for 52 cards) "by proxy" will be the answer
... If iPhone magic doesn't suit you; fine with me , one less person using the tool makes the rest of us look more
believable.

Nuff for now, I got some tricks to create by proxy...

No comments:

Post a Comment