Monday, September 17, 2012

Diamond Mine

"Diamond Mine" is my version of Elmsley's classic "Diamond Cut Diamond"

*In Tricks of My Trade - The Magic of Doug Conn
Paul Cummins describes two versions of this thing. Because the Royal Flush leaves room for lots of patter variants (and/or seques from other effects) I prefer this 5 card handling.
 
Alas: My 2nd is shit (specially from this angle / with bordered backs) but It looks okay in real life (when the eye is naturally misdirected to the face up dealt cards.)

While my deal needs work, I must say, the Truffle shuffle is coming along nicely and the MP sidesteal is serving justice as usual. Ditto dat for Carney's Versa switch (heck; 3 outta 4 aint bad)

Regardless... I Just wanted to document the effect (why? good question... I'm not sure what drives me to put these craptactular videos online.)

Here's it is: Diamond Mine

http://youtu.be/P0qeRbWagdw

SideNote: Yes, the selection is any of the named (flush) cards

No comments:

Post a Comment