Saturday, September 1, 2012

rated X(CM)

Wow, just when I thought I was completely done & done with "XCM"
here comes Predator Deck who had me interested for the better part of this 4+ minute clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5qjPKl2qq4&feature=share&list=ULo5qjPKl2qq4
(This is "From the Mother-ship" (in case you've already seen it))

Very original (and I'm sure insanely difficult.)

Alas, these videos show that (much like 'regular' juggling) skill alone is not enough to entertain the brain for more than a minute or two.

I'm not sure of his goals in publishing these youtube videos, but IMO: his skills would be better served in doses of 1 or 2 (max) minute clips. Get a point of view, an interesting location or lighting.. He comes closer with
His newest clip "Heavenly Physics"  is full of interesting 'Cardistry'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0inBrhI0ss&feature=share&list=ULc0inBrhI0ss

XCM = LESS IS MORE

Not that you asked, but:
Yes, I do think there is room for "XCM" & "Magic" to co-exist..
FISM card champion Daryl convinced me of this many moons ago, as I was learning his Hot Shot Cut from For Your Entertainment Pleasure" (yes, I had the pleasure of learning that move from the written word.) The book opens with a lovely essay titled: "In Praise Of The Lowly Flourish."  I think Daryl hits the bullseye with his thoughts of combining the two arts (& now years later, makes groceries by selling slum magic to the masses... but that's a topic for another day.)

No comments:

Post a Comment