Sunday, January 19, 2014

Blizzard!

Blizzard is a GREAT card trick from the mind of Dean Dill
I actually view it more of a utility device than an effect (think: Brainwave that ends with an examinable deck, etc) if you like magic and are not familiar with this wonderful secret, I HIGHLY recommend 2 place it on your 'must list'
Note: this is a freely named card and at the end, the deck is examinable
http://www.deandill.com/blizzard.html
all Dill's stuff is great. His Coin Work is Stellar:  I highly recommend the Extreme Dean DVD's


X
Blizzard is also a game developer that is akin to crack of the video game world.

I got both Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 for xmas and have done little more (in my free time) than play those games since xmas. (*usually my free time was spent improving my sleight of hand or magic knowledge)

Fortunately, I can always reflect on the words of John Lennon "Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time"
(and in the case of Starcraft 2, this is a brain battle that requires keen senses and creativity to win against the amazing online players: I LOVE playing real time strategy against other players and their new system includes a 'ladder' ranking that is awesome (plus the campaign, single player mode is simply incredible: no wonder this game took 5...count em: 5 years to develop, I purposely avoided buying it, because I knew I would be sucked in. I was right. Devils work I tell ya! I shall not stop, but I shall delegate time: I'd think 30 minutes of Diablo and 2-3 games of Starcraft per day (aprox an hour - 1 & 1/2 hours of gaming is plenty) Considering I don't really watch TV, I don't think that's too much 'wasted tme")
Jeez, I feel like I'm confessing my sins!  But oh, the joy, just look at a couple of these screenshots, amazing
\
Diablo 3 ^


Starcraft 2 ^

It's starting to be an issue and thankfully, I'm now starting a new phase of life that will have me out of this house 5 days a week from 7:30-2:30 a..m. I'll be busy most of the time, but there will be stints when I'm not and I intend to use those stints to be magically productive. Time to administer some will power!

I mean really: I was rocking and rolling last year (with a couple lecture tours (one BIG One) and a couple convention appearances) I'd like to double that this year...This was scheduled to be MY year. So far, I've only wasted 1/2 of January (speaking of Blizzards, Ive also just started watching Game of Thrones ;) wow. So yeah, my free time slots are full
.
That's about to change :)  and with my todo list: more lecturing, working the Magic Castle, developing a one man show, release 4-5 downloadable products by my own hand / self publishing and last but not least, working sans table on the streets of NOLA (Or whereever) I've also got a few 'secret' things in the works that should prove to be interesting.  I've got LOTS to accomplish and more!

I got off to a rocky start, but I feel the change is coming (and as Warpo says "the Change will do me good" a hat / tip line when someone dumps change in your chapeau)

Keep your eyes peeled (or get Starcraft 2 and join me in battling! I'm "Connjure" (always :)

As I type the deck of cards at my side is beckoning, I shall now reach for my muse and bid you adieu
have a great day

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you were a gamer!
    Diablo is surely addictive. And the expansion is coming out soon.. you should quit it before that happens or you will be sucked in for years. And about Starcraft... where do you think my nick is coming from? :) I used to play in tourneys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to game ALOT. My newfound enjoyment of Starcraft2 has taken away a good 30-40% of my rehearsal time. I'm doing pretty good still a newbie but ranked @ #2 w/ 80+ wins & 90 losses... Finding my groove

    Diablo is a far 2nd, but I still love it
    It'll be awhile before I'm ready for the expansion

    Anyhoo: cheers & yeah, I figured your nick indicated a Starcraft guy.
    If you played tournies, you're way over my head, but if ya ever wanna say hi
    I'm on as "Connjure"
    (& love playing Terran ;)

    ReplyDelete