Thursday, May 3, 2012

Don't hate the playa!

So...
I'm out busking Bourbon St last night and this group of  4-5 'corporate' guys arrive @ my table...
Within the first 30 seconds (I was doing Dean Dill's "Call Shot") the 'leader' (there's always one) shouts:
"Fuck, I hate guys like you!" (*said with some humor & sarcasm... and a lil hint of truth.)

Sidenote: I have some thoughts about what I can do to avoid such future commentary... but that will wait for another post.

So, to make a long story short:
I amped the Jedi mind powers up to full force and managed to take these guys (and their preconceived notions) and whisk them into a world of wonderment that they didn't want to leave... They all tipped me a crap-ton of cash (non of the initial group tipped less than a $5... the leader tipped a $20 and a bunch of other folks who'd gathered to watch my offerings were generous as well.)

Anyway, this isn't about the $ (though a fat hat is nice ;)

After my set: This girl (I think her name was Mary Jane) comes up to me & says: "we don't have any cash... credit cards only... but here... enjoy this" :) It was "kind" (if you know what I mean.... and I think ya do.)


Moments like these make my job the best in the world...

PS / Note to self:
I said a line during the set, that I think is worth remembering (and have some thoughts towards a hat line that might be worthwhile as well.) Here tis: one of the guys said "man you are really great" and my reply was"well, thanks, I bet you're good at your job too!"  :)  



No comments:

Post a Comment