Monday, May 21, 2012

Slydini

Slydini!
A modern master of close-up magic...

http://youtu.be/V6HwRAfJBWA

There are some wonderful moments in this clip (Alas: the opening balls & hat routine is not one of them... I never understood how/why he chose to work on this effect, but that's just me: I'm sure many would argue I'm wrong.) Highlights include his One coin 'flurry' @ round the 7minute mark ... the cig work & a wonderful performance of his balls over the head routine.

I had the chance to meet with Slydini back in the mid 80's at Cellini's convention (held in his 'Buskers' bar: wow what a weekend) His presence was commanding and his magic was strong (cept for that balls and box routine: but I digress)

"Keep up the magic and you will go far"  
                                                -Slydini-  (an autograph he penned to me @ that wonderful convention)

No comments:

Post a Comment