Wednesday, May 1, 2013

R.I.P. E.E.

When "By Forces Unseen" came out, I was a young cardman and found Earick's book delivered exactly the kind of conjuring my fingers craved. This was nouveau work that walked a path untread before.
Well, 20 years later, I can still say the same ... and I'm happy to say that.
Unfortunately, I'm sad to say, Earnest Earick has passed.
Sad but true
On April 27 it was his time to go. Heart problems... sigh.

And just last week Tyler was speaking of a road trip to the Earick mecca. (in May no less)
Timing...

Fortunately, Stephen Minch penned the fore-mentioned tome & I'm sure it's one that will live in the minds and hearts of cardmen for many years to come. If you haven't seen or read this wonderful book, I suggest you correct that mistake at your earliest opportunity (cardmen only need apply; this book is only for 'us')


Want to see some of this stuff performed?
well, you're in luck... the young asian man in the following youtube clip took it upon himself to learn virtually the entire book (quite an accomplishment) If you haven't seen it yet, enjoy this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0wxinoS4eI
(there's more where that came from: search you tube for "Earnest Earick By forces unseen)

Alright, well, I've blabbed enough about this (shitty) untimely topic
nuff for now... 
off to practice a few 'unseen' moves 

RIP E.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment