Friday, June 14, 2013

NewZ

I'm sure I've mentioned this before
I feel it's worth repeating (and perhaps I'm wrong about the above)
There's a wonderful (& FREE) E-Zine that comes out of New Zealand
http://www.magicnewzealand.com/  (sign up and have some extra stuffs to read once a week)

He's on issued 1027 (WOW!)
It's often trivial but the % that is good... is often great.

Today was wonderful, I got to view a clip of the Great Blackstone Sr.
&
It's a wonderful example of how to perform magic medicorately
(but you do get to see him produce a lil donkey (a donkey!) and his dancing hank & buzzsaw)
& he smacks his assistant around... It's wonderfully poor.(especially the finish piece with the jumping ball / paddle trick.. yikes) Don't get me wrong. I really disliked this. Especially the 'classic' handkerchief that was completley overacted.

Here: so you don't have to search, to see this master:


Is it just me?
Perhaps I just awoke on the wrong side of the bed today?
I'd love to see some footage of Kellar to compare this with... (ah to dream)

No comments:

Post a Comment