Tuesday, October 8, 2013

New Toys... I mean... Magic!

As mentioned in my last post, I visited quite a few shops over the last month and in that time I managed to put a few new miracles into my bag of tricks.

I got some great utility items. A couple sets of cups and balls: I've been wanting a smaller set (I've been using Animal Babe's for the last couple years and now that he's out of biz, I figure it might be time to switch to something available.) I'm anxious to switch back to the vernon'esque routine which involves more audience interaction and will provide a bigger punch (all while the smaller cups allow for powerful loads at a smaller space-tag) The 2 sets I got were a #1 copper LeMagia set and #2 a smaller Chromed Paul Fox Style cup: I think these are made my magic makers, but I'm gonna pretend I don't know that. Let's just say the price was right ;)

Speaking of utilities: I also got a firewallet (with a zipper card/bill to/load) and a vernet boon. Last but certainly not least: a Josh Jay belt clip that will keep my pockets a bit more clear.

I didn't buy much in the way of new tricks (there rarely is much worth buying) but one that I did buy which I have no problem recommending is Alan Rorrison's Linkey. It is a well made prop that is really devious. I'm not sure why I need to link a rubber band onto a key, but when I do, I'm ready!

All in all, not a stinker in the bunch. I'm happy with all the above and if you were thinking of purchasing any of the above, I would highly recommend any of them. The prop I'm most excited about breaking in is the T-T-Tip boon. I can't wait to reveal those miracles!"

But for new trickies, the winner goes to LINKEY. Well done Mr. Rorrison!
demo:
http://youtu.be/Qpw8cqMIIks



No comments:

Post a Comment