Friday, October 11, 2013

The 3 Gaffers

Ok, so eon's ago, this company approached me, asking if they could include my 'Pip Trip' effect in their first 'Black Tiger' (or whatever) gaffed deck. Being the nice guy I am (and knowing Brad needs all the help he can get in making his c__K bigger) I said yeah, sure, just make sure I get credit (**apparently I should have stipulated that was a one time deal and my mental property was not his to profit off over the next 4-5 gaffed decks he released... I swear, watching JM demo my effect using their inferior handling just irks the fuck outta me...ggrrrr) If you EVER agree to anything with this company, Please PLEASE get an iron clad notarized agreement.

So, now (via the samE company I gotta listen to DaniEl Madison ramble about how my effect (a motivated color change... a MOTIVATED color change) is 'cute' and diss it... and then he talks about how he hates gaffs: heh... as he goes onto promote a gaffed pack

So, DM' is 'working' with along with a couple other magi (who don't perform for a living) they all do good "cardistry" ... and apparently bad sleight of hand (at least that's the story Madison has bragged about when he got caught stealing in a card game)

I don't know wuzzup with Morrelli?  He seems like a smart creative kid.  I thought he'd made it to DC's creative team... I guess Dave stays rich by staying tight... that or things didn't workout?  I'll take the 5th for now (and hope for the best)

Sidenote: I've got huge respect for Eric Jones, over the years I've watched him claw his way through the ranks with great purpose and honor: he's got great chops, great charisima and I know he can perform. Why he would choose to make a living shoving magic down peoples throats is beyond me (100 tricks a month? do we really need that many? no...  we need 10... total) Magic is a performance art... and yes, it's also a 3rd world geek hack sales market (what do you wanna do?)

I suppose the apparent safety net a magic bubble offers is warm and cozy. And if the pushers are paying you enough... Well enjoy the ride (but please keep performing, because, when the well runs dry... and it will... one day, you might need to use your skills for the powers of good.)

Oh, I suppose I should mention: If you'd like to waste 7 minutes by watching these three guys spending some kids money in vegas (and dissing magic while flipping cards around) here's the place to see it:
http://www.ellusionist.com/gaff-system-madison-morelli-jones.html

No, you won't see any tricks... hmmm not even one?
I recall Eric talking about this a couple years ago and I'm sure there are gonna have some good ideas
but, no way in hell is Elllusionist ever getting another dime from me. They could have a lifelike vagina gaff and I still wouldn't buy it.

If you watch the clip above and decide that you have just seen an ad for a product you might want... then I might suggest leaving me alone... just a time saver for us both.

yeah, I'm ranty today.
it's for the powers of good
Okay, I'm done
Peace
and good luck DM
(geez, I used to think you were cool... as cool as the fonz I guess)

No comments:

Post a Comment