Thursday, October 4, 2012

OW!

Aight, this one is for the card geeks... have fun with this (if you dare)

Oil & Water (yeah: OW!)

I have a love / hate relationship with this plot
but after seeing (Ray Kosby do) Juan Tamariz' "Oil Strike"
... I'm back in the honeymoon phase.

Juan reccomends opening with a clean 4&4 / 8 card sequence

which leads me to this post

One of my all time fave O&W methods is (the second phase from) Tom Ransom's "Mixmaster" routine (which can be found in Lyon's Ibidem zine... where? fk that... I'm not giving you everything... go find it!)

Okay, so, I'm thinking the WTG is to do Mixmaster into a specs open L/R hands 

Then do the Kosby routine (Never the Twain from Spectacle) ya know, the Elmsley count thing: one of the best OW routines to ever grace the planet of cardopia.

and finish with Juan's wonderful Oil Strike

Oil Strike was published in... (oh fk that too: go find it!)

Ok, so, I'm not sure Juan's routine is the ideal finish for the opening / in the hands sequence (taking it out of the hands and into the eyes)
But I'm gonna have fun finding out...

PS: When no table is available, There's a chance I might include Marlo's wonderful face-up interlace version (the thing that Malone recently re-popularized)



No comments:

Post a Comment