Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Paper

FYI: Paper is slang for marked cards. 

Ok, so,
After toiling (and toiling...)

I've ultimately decided on Nick Pudar's marking system

Lemme rephrase that, I'll be using the Pudar system for my mem-deck work.

I mean, come on, if you're gonna go mem-stack; ya might as well mark the things and really knock the ball out of the park :)  

I  decided to use Nick's method for two reasons

#1: I can make it myself (and quick; in like 10-15 minutes.) This is key, because, when I work, I go through cards like Homer goes through Duff beer (I can't afford a couple $25 decks every time I work.) As a bonus: It works perfect with red bikes (my preferred performance brand)

#2: I can see the markings from a distance (of 4-6 feet away) Many of the effects I'll be doing require distance viewing and that just aint happening with the Lesely (or GT) methods.


I'm certain I've chosen the Pudar method because I'm a magical masochist (or is that sadist? whatever... I like all the weirdness life has to offer.) This is not the easiest method in the world. Nick Pudar has gone the Marlo route of using the stack # to indicate which card is what (Marlo would just mark the actual # on the back of the card) Nick takes this a step further and uses Binary coding to secretly convey this info.

Nick's marking methods can be found on the inter-webs. I'm not just gonna give it to ya. You're gonna have to search for it. I'm certain there's enough info in this post to put you on the right track (and if you ultimately fail in your search, then: email me & after I'm done humiliating your intelligence, I'll do what I can to help point you in the right direction.)

That's all for today... good luck in your quests.

One (related) PS: Nick has a great (free!) program called "Stackview"
It's a program that helps you learn your mem/stack deck (and stuff)
check it out: http://www.stackview.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment